It was a great project to use up some of my crochet thread stash. I used some green and white variegated crochet thread for the base that I, personally, wouldn't have chosen for a bootie or bonnet project. So this doily was a great way to use it up. I also used some dark pink, light pink, creamy yellow, as well as the remainder of a lavender spool.
All I had left to do was the ironing and
the sewing of pieces onto the main doily base.
AND IT HAS TAKEN ME MONTHS TO
GET MOTIVATED TO FINISH!!!
4 to be exact.
But it was well worth the wait.
I truly do think this will be a fine keepsake.
I sewed the flowers on instead of the recommended glueing. I know I can wash it and iron it if it is held together solely by crochet thread. Whereas, I was not sure what would happen if I washed it with the glue.