Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Patch Lady



Tonight begins our church's 4th year of hosting the AWANA Club program.  My 2 younger boys finished in it last year and are moving on to our church's next level, Cross Training.  My good friends, Tim and DeLane, run this age group, and they are EXCELLENT.  The boys are thrilled to finally move to them.

But me, 

I am not leaving AWANA

because I am 


 THE PATCH LADY.



I sew on all the patches that the kiddos earn from their hard work of studying God's Word and hiding it in their hearts.  (Psalm 119:11 in action!!!)  One of the kiddos specifically called me "The Patch Lady," and it has kind of stuck.

This year a lot of the workers are getting new shirts.  I am not.  So me, being me, I decided to RE-NEW my shirt.  And since I am 

THE PATCH LADY,


I decided to RE-NEW it with...

what else?

PATCHES!!!


It turned out so cute, and since this is my crafty blog, I thought I'd share the RE-NEW with you.


As I said, I am 





THE PATCH LADY!!! 





Smiley

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, how perfect. Such a term of endearment. Treasure it (I know you do). Looks like I'm finally going to be able to post a comment. For the longest your blog was one of several where I couldn't. Your new doily, the booties, etc. in your previous posts are gorgeous! Such wonderful,beautiful work you do dear Patch Lady. I know abundant blessings are yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glor! So great to hear from you. I don't know what happened with the comments. Someone else was having trouble as well. I hope blogger has fixed whatever was wrong! Thank you for your sweet comments. You always make me wish I could step through the computer and know you in person. :) May God bless you richly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping at my blog and leaving a comment. That doily/ tabletopper is a Kristoffersen pattern..one of her easier ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making time for me in your busy day! Please leave a comment!!! It's so fun to hear your thoughts and to get to know you. God bless you!

2022 Crochet