Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Mexican Lime Chicken

I haven't blogged for a long time.  I have many crochet pictures if I can ever get the motivation to put them on here!  It will strike one of these days, probably.

But...this blog is about creativity given by the Lord, and I just invented a scrumptious recipe.  So, I'm going to share that instead.  Next time I make it, maybe I will post a picture.


Mexican Lime Chicken
By Lezlie Lindsey

1/2 of ~5lb. chicken, cooked and chopped
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2T lime juice
2t salt
1/8t black pepper
1/8t red pepper
3c hot cooked rice
cilantro (optional)

Directions:
Pour lime juice and 1t salt over chopped chicken and stir.  Leave in bowl to soak. Saute 1/2 the onion, the green pepper, and the garlic 2-3 min.  Add the remaining onion and saute it just to start it cooking.  Add other tsp. salt, black and red peppers, and tomatoes, stir.  Add chicken/lime/salt mixture, stir.  Heat through, around 5 min.  Serve over hot rice.  Top with fresh cilantro, if desired.

EXQUISITE!!!


2 comments:

  1. look at you! This sounds way better than the new recipe I fixed for our friends tonight, and will never make for my husband again! arggh! You win some, you lose some....at least I didn't have to please 5 boys around the table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up, hope all is well you've not posted in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making time for me in your busy day! Please leave a comment!!! It's so fun to hear your thoughts and to get to know you. God bless you!

2022 Crochet