Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Daddy and Me


My handsome daddy as a teen.

Daddy holding me.

Daddy giving me a horsey ride.

Me in my Daddy's boots.

Me pretending to play my Daddy's COOL guitar.

At my Great-Grandma's house when
I was a teen.

After I graduated.
Still holding me, at 21!


Singing, Thy Word is a Lamp unto my Feet
by Amy Grant at my maternal
Grandmother's birthday party.

Still holding me, last November, when I was 40.
(I asked him if he was glad that I don't
weigh 250 pounds now that I'm grown.)

At my house, celebrating
his last birthday, 70 years.

I love him.

I miss him.

I didn't have the ability to appreciate 
him enough while he was here.

I'm glad he is in heaven with my Jesus and
singing in the Amazing Choir!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lezlie, I'm sitting here in tears at this beautiful post. You are such a beautiful girl, one day again he will hold you. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I can see Isaac in your Dad's early pictures! Thanks for sharing these pictures with us...I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making time for me in your busy day! Please leave a comment!!! It's so fun to hear your thoughts and to get to know you. God bless you!

2022 Crochet