Saturday, May 29, 2010

Spring has Sprung!!!

All spring, since flowers have been popping up
I've been sharing pictures of them over at


And I loved this spring floral doily pattern
when I started it back in December.
I tucked it away when other
projects had priority and
forgot about it.  :(

BUT...

now I have REMEMBERED!!!


And I still LOVE it!

As I work on blue sweateriness, I will probably
need a break now and again.

The little sweet flower motifs for this
Springtime Floral Doily
out of my Vintage Floral Doilies 
by Elizabeth Ann White
will be just the thing to
rejuvenate me!

If you haven't seen the other two patterns
I've made from this book, you should
take time to pop over to these blog entries:


and


I've linked to the Annie's Attic site on both of those
pages if you want to take a look at the book cover
which just happens to show this Springtime doily
in its exquisite completeness!!!


Maybe you will fall in love with it too!


What a beautiful way to do some stash busting!!!

5 comments:

  1. Your work is magnificent. I love the butterflys, but I love the others too. I am such a doily addict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glor! I LOVE doilies too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A centerless doily? What is it for, to put around something?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is centerless. The flower motifs make it impossible to sit something on it. So I would guess a vase or some decorative dish would look nice inside it. Or it can stand alone. The flowers will be decoration enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it might be that you would add a linen center, like I've seen some do. Or do the start with the cloth material and the crochet on it? I have to try it one of these days. I have a lovely pattern where the center is made of linen, and then the crocheted part are trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making time for me in your busy day! Please leave a comment!!! It's so fun to hear your thoughts and to get to know you. God bless you!

2022 Crochet